DRIVING LICENCE APPLICATION
Preparing to start driving lessons in the Milton Keynes area. We will walk you through how to apply for a provisional driving licence in this article.
Applying for your first provisional driving licence
The requirement for the application for your first driving licence you must do as follows:
- You must be a resident in the United kingdom.
- The minimum age requirement must be met.
- The minimum eyesight requirements must be met.
- You are not prevented from driving a car for any reason.
- The current cost is £34 please check at the time of application on actual current fees.
- Provide a form of identity or a valid UK passport.
- Have your National Insurance number if you know it.
- State addresses where you have lived for the past 3 years.
A driving licence should arrive via post within 1 week from application
An application for a driving licence earliest age is 15 years and 9 months.
So, when can you start driving or taking driving lessons is as follows:
- You must be 17 years of age to start driving a car.
- You must be at least 16 if you are going to ride a moped or light quad bikes.
- A driving licence states what other vehicles you can drive.
Also, you can drive a car when you are 16 if you have, or applied for, the enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
If you apply online you will be agreeing that the DVLA can check your personal data, including your National Insurance number.
You can apply online at https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence
We hope this information helps anybody in their first application for a provisional driving licence to prepare to start taking driving lessons.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]